A kids bathroom although seems fairly similar to a regular bathroom is different on so many levels. Unlike adults, kids are not aware of safety measures that need to be taken while in a bathroom. A kid’s bathroom must be designed in a holistic way checking the entire bucket list of safety, visually appealing, modern and 2021-functional.
Interior design ideas as recommended by interior designers change based on the age of the kids who are going to be using the facilities of the kid’s bathroom. There are a few fundamental interior design ideas that are always suggested by interior designers to the homeowners to design a well-structured and functional kid’s bathroom.
Let us discuss some of the rudimentary interior design ideas to design the perfect kid’s bathroom:
1. Make it colorful: Do we need to stress more on this point? Kids love colors. A kid’s bathroom can be made colorful by using the wall tiles of the kid’s favorite colors. This is visually appealing and encourages kids to have a joyful time even in the bathroom.
2. Anti-slipping mats are mandatory: This point is more so of a mandatory rule than one of the several interior design ideas. A kid’s bathroom should have anti-slipping mats and adhesive pads. You don’t want your kid to slip and bang his head to the floor of the bathroom. Place anti-slipping mats on the floor of the bathroom at safe distances.
3. Bold walls: This is one of the primary interior design ideas interior designers recommend to every house with kids. A bold wall for a kid’s bathroom includes painting huge cartoon figures or friendly animal figures.
4. Shower curtain: The interior design of a kid’s bathroom can and should have a theme to bring uniformity to the design. Choosing a plain shower curtain can in fact turn down the entire look of the bathroom. For a kid’s bathroom especially, colorful shower curtains can accentuate the appearance of the bathroom completely.
5. An organized bathroom is key: A kid’s bathroom or not, it is fundamental to have an organized bathroom in place for people to use. An organized bathroom reflects the level of cleanliness and ease of usage of the bathroom. Kids especially should have an organized bathroom to ensure they experience no discomfort of any sort.
A kid’s bathroom is a top priority for interior designers as well. A house with kids needs to give out a wholesome living environment and a kid’s bathroom constitutes a major part of it. In the modern world, it is essential to receive interior design certification from the best design institute. While there are several top interior design colleges in South India, JD Institute of Fashion Technology certainly provides the best interior design courses.