Material combinations used in the process of interior design determine the character of the interiors and defines the style of interior design incorporated. Different types, colours, shapes and sizes of materials used to style and decorate the interiors interpret the interior design in distinct ways.
The art of mixing and matching different elements for instance in the living room gives diversified looks to the interiors. However, there are a few material combinations that have surpassed through time to stand as classic combinations in interior design. These material combinations have been given a thumbs up by interior designers and in this blog, we discuss some of the exemplary material combinations used in interior design:
1. Wood and marble: Marble flooring combined with rich wooden furniture is an evergreen combination found in interior design. The combination of wood and marble creates a luxuriously elegant look that shines brighter than any other known combination. The lustrous marble accentuates the look of the room in sync with the wooden furniture.
2. Marble and steel: Marble and steel is a timeless combination that never goes off style. Marble and steel combination is largely used in creating the stairway space where the steers railings are made up of steel and the accompanying floor is made of marble. The combination is additionally used in kitchens as well.
Marble and steel
3. Tiles and wood: If given an opportunity to give a synonym to modern interior design, it will be innovation. Interior design is a creative process and the combinations it offers are also equally newfangled. Tiles and wood is one such combination that found its place in the dictionary of modern interior design. Tiles and wood combination is largely incorporated in kitchens.
Tiles and wood
4. Granite and glass: What does it take to create a magnificent modern interior? The eye for details it is. For instance, using a combination of granite and glass in kitchens takes up the beauty of the interiors altogether. Granite and glass is a combination that is time and again used to point up the beauty of the interiors.
5. Wood and mirrors: There are no rules when it comes to home styling. Anything that looks good is right and anything that doesn’t look is wrong. On the same lines, wood and mirrors combination is one such fusion that interior designers give a big thumbs up for. It is seemingly a blend of tough and shiny elements raising the bar of beauty in the modern interior.
Wood and mirrors
Material combinations keep evolving with the minds working on them. Interior designers across the globe are always on the lookout for artistic combinations for home styling. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is one such arch design institute grooming students to gain the potential essential to become competent interior designers. Check out the interior design undergraduate courses offered here.