Ombre lips are one of the most desired lip makeup looks that are absolutely loved by designers, models, and celebrities. Fading from dark to light, this trend is known for its gradation of color.
What’s better? Instead of picking one colour, you can pick two of your favorites and turn them into the desired ombre look.
Tips for creating Ombre Lips
1.Lip liner is a must: Lip makeup
To achieve the ombre lip makeup, lip liner is your secret weapon. Prime your lips to create a defined pout before you apply your lip liner and ombre lip makeup.
2. Keep a handful of lip products:
Lip liner, lip balm, two lipsticks, lip brush – these are a must-have when you create an ombre lip look. Apart from these, adding concealer to highlight and contour will give you the desired look.
OMBRÉ LIP TUTORIAL
Here’s what you need to do to create the ombre lips look:
1.Lip liner does the magic!
Lip liner is a must when it comes to creating an ombre lip color shade. The lip liner should be slightly darker than your lip color. Outline your lips and shade in corners to create dimension. In case you want to give your lips fuller lips, go overline but not overboard.
2. Lipstick time
- Use a flat lip brush, apply the lighter lipstick.
- Avoid the outer edge of your lips.
- Blend the lipstick out.
- Use a light hand as you get closer to the center of your pout—this is the spot where the color should be the lightest.
3. Tun up the OMBRÉ
- Take the darker lipstick and apply it to the corners of your lips where you initially shaded with a lip pencil.
- Use your lip brush to blend the area where the two shades of lipstick meet.
4. Finally, highlight & contour
- Apply a small amount of concealer above your lip to accentuate your cupid’s bow.
- Add a touch of a darker shade just below your bottom lip to create the illusion of a full, luscious pout.
Three hacks you will want to try:
Highlight the cupid’s bow. It’s a hack that makes your lips appear instantly fuller, so teaming it with ombre lips is going to give you a seriously plumped-up look.
- Pair with matte foundation. If you want to go for the full Insta-glam beauty look, apply a full coverage, a velvety base that completes the vampy vibe of ombre lips.
- Add a touch of gloss. Give ombre lip art a glow-up by tapping lip gloss on the very center of lips. You don’t want to use too much – just a dot that gets lips looking luminous.