Open shelves are a trending element in the world of interior design. Contemporary apartments and houses are not constructed without one in the house. The house interior is made aesthetically pleasing with the incorporation of open shelves. But the real question is – how to style them?
In this blog, we tell you tips and tricks to get eye-catching open shelves for your house interior:
1. Display books and magazines: Are you a bibliophile? Well, then use your love for reading to style your open shelves. Displaying books and magazines is one of the simplest and effective ways to effortlessly get the A+ look in your house interior.
2. Go green: Adding plants on open shelves is a great way to establish a positive vibe in the house. The fragrance of fresh plants also brings life to the house interior.
3. Make it functional: Incorporating objects like baskets and holders make open shelves more functional. Using baskets and boxes of similar sizes makes the shelf more visually appealing and functional in nature.
Decorate your open shelves to make it functional
4. Balance it out: Balancing is the key to a modern house interior and it is very important to bring a balance in the look of the open shelf through a proper blend of objects that vary in size. A mix and match of big and small objects avoid making the shelf look cluttered and gives room for breathing.
5. Be wildly colourful: What colour comes to your mind when you hear open shelves? White. It’s the most common colour. However, speak to interior designers and they will tell you the secret to modern interior design lies in experimenting. Decorating your open shelves with trending and bold colours actually makes the open shelves go wildly noticed and are unique in nature.
Colourful open shelves are trending
6. Define your personality: This may look like a vague point but open shelves can define your personality. Decorate your open shelves with the things you love, that define your passion or depict the person that you are. In fact, this is a trending way of saying ‘this is who I am.’
7. Open shelves can be made appealing, minimalistic, functional and trending depending on your preferences and desires. Qualified interior designers will tell you just the right way to establish the mood you want out of open shelves to style your house into a better version of it. JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers to create more and more potential professionals in the design industry through various courses it offers.