To Sanitize your makeup tools and beauty products is just as important as keeping your surfaces, hands, door handles at home sanitized? Yes, it absolutely is, just in case you haven’t realized that your makeup kit tools and beauty products are in direct contact with your skin.
Even besides the fact that we have become more hygienic during the pandemic, it’s vital to follow some guidelines and rules on a regular basis.
Here’s how to keep various beauty products free of any contagious bacteria/virus with some rubbing alcohol and a spray bottle.
- Put rubbing alcohol in the spray bottle.
- Use it to spray directly over the powder.
- Leave the powder to air-dry.
2. Makeup Brushes
- Sprinkle bristles as well as the stalk of the brushes with rubbing alcohol.
- Clean and dry the brushes using a soft cotton pad.
Your makeup brushes can also be cleaned with alcohol-based brush cleansers or mild shampoos.
3. Liquid Foundation
- Use a cotton pad
- Soak it in rubbing alcohol
- Give the foundation bottle a solid cleaning.
4. Pencils and Sharpeners
- Leave the sharpener in a bowl filled with rubbing alcohol for about 5 minutes
- Wipe it clean with a dry cotton pad.
- For pencils, just spray rubbing alcohol over them.
Wipe it with a dry cotton round.
Makeup sponges are most used when it comes to your makeup kit. It is always recommended to use disposable sponges but if you want to reuse your sponges, here’s what you need to do to ward off the bacteria, fungi, and viruses.
- Wet your sponge with lukewarm water.
- Clean with liquid dish soap.
- Place the sponge in a bowl of water.
- Heat in the microwave for 2 minutes on high.
6. Eyelash Curler
We forget to clean our eyelash curler often. The easiest way is to sanitize your curler with wipes and remove any residue of mascara and bacteria.
7. Makeup bag
Choose a washable makeup bag so that you can wash it in the washing machine. Spray it with sanitizer once dry. If it is leather, then use a wipe or sanitizing mist.
8. Lip gloss
Lip gloss has a built-in applicator that comes in contact with your lips. It is recommended to apply it on the back of your hand after being sanitized and use a brush or your finger to apply the gloss on your lips.
9. Felt-Tip Eyeliner
The eyeliner is super delicate hence you can gently squeeze the tip of the eyeliner with a sanitizing wipe.