Tables are an intricate part of interior design. Different types of materials are used to make tables and the heterogeneity is what makes the craft of manufacturing tables all the more impressive. The material used to create a piece of an item becomes the soul of the entire product. This is especially true for furniture as the material used to create a piece of furniture, for instance, tables determine the usage of it as well.
In this blog, we discuss some of the types of materials used to make tables:
1. Wood veneer: Wood veneer is the most common type of material used to make tables. It is a form of extremely thin wood that is much more durable and affordable than other types of wood.
2. Glass: Glass tables are a representation of lustrous elegance in interior design. Glass is a material that is used to make different types of tables including dining tables, coffee tables, bar tables, etc.
3. Marble: No matter how many trends come and go, marble is regarded to be one of the finest and luxurious natural stones used to make tables. Apart from placing marble on kitchen slabs, marble is also used as dining tabletops to give it a perfect ravishing look. If you do not mind going a little overboard on your interior design expenses, then don’t think twice and just furnish the interiors with marble. They are easy to clean, non-porous and won’t absorb any stain.
4. Ceramic tiles: Not everybody wants their furniture to be extravagant and not everyone likes to squander on tables. If you are one of those people, tables made of ceramic tiles are just right for you. Ceramic tiles are affordable, cheaper than marble. Ceramic tiles are dirt-resistant and extremely easy to clean. These tiles are available in multiple colors making them a more versatile option.
5. Granite: Granite is another natural material that is worth its popularity in the world of interior design. The entire process of interior design elevates by the addition of granite in the interiors. Granite is a versatile stone that is used to make both outdoor and indoor tables.
Tables make up a significant component of interior design. Although there are boundless types of materials used to make tables, these are the most popular types of materials used. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the best interior design schools in Bangalore offering the best interior design courses.