Natural light in a room is an undeniably significant factor in the interior design of a house. Spend as much money as you want on expensive artificial lights but if there is a lack of natural light in the house, the output of your interior design will look under-par. A darkroom kills the mood in the house and makes it boring to live.
In this blog, we discuss a few creative ways in which you can design to increase the amount of natural light the interiors of your house receives:
1. Use mirrors: Mirrors are a great way to embellish the interiors of the house. Mirrors brighten the interiors in the house by spreading any amount of natural light that falls on the surface of the mirror.
2. Pick door with a window: Picking doors with a window perks up the load of natural light the room receives. This not only increases the natural light spread in the darkroom but also makes the room look bigger.
Pick a door with a window
3. Be wise while choosing colour palette: Let’s go through some basics about colour palette. Colours either absorb or reflect light. Dark shades like dark blue or green in the colour palette for the walls absorb the natural light the room receives and makes the room look dull and murky. On the other hand, lighter shades like light grey, blue and white colour for the walls accentuate the brightness in the room.
4. Light shades make the right change: Colours you choose can make or break the interior design of the house. For instance, if wood is the dominant element in the interiors of your house, light wood should be the ideal choice. This lights up the room naturally reducing the investment in artificial lights.
Light shades bring the right makeover
5. Tiles: Using highly reflective tiles for flooring, kitchen cabinets and bathrooms accentuates the amount of natural light the room receives comprehensively. Highly reflective tiles of varied colours also make the room stylish and appealing in the eyes of the viewer.
Natural light reflects positive mental wellbeing. It is an indispensable factor of interior design. A house without appropriate natural light is not a house you will feel comfortable in. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a distinguished design institute offering Advanced Diploma in Interior Design – 3 Years course. The course boosts the creative identity of students, encouraging them to become compelling interior designers.