Dining table styling need not be a daunting task. Some people find it burdensome to style a dining table complying with the needs of the latest trends in interior design. What is unsettling is that a dining table in India is largely used as storage space instead of dining. Whether you are using it for dining or just as a storage space, your dining table should be colourful, elegant and most importantly check the box of trending design.
While interior designers or decorators can help you style a dining table, you can style a dining table yourself with a few styling tips we tell you:
1. Vessels are always good to go: Vessels of any shape, size or material are always appreciated on a dining table. You can also add the vessels at the center of the dining table making it the focal point of the dining table. Other articles and items can be placed and decorated around the focal point.
2. Go green on your dining table: Decorating a dining table with plants is a widely popular styling tool. In fact, plants of varying sizes placed at the center of the dining table under the spotlight of a huge hanging light is a trending styling tip in interior design.
3. Centered Vase: A very traditional but classic way to style a dining table is to place a vase at the center of the dining table. In fact, a center vase is an accessory enough to style the entire dining table.
4. Say yes to neutral colours: Neutral colours are a reflection of elegance and classic beauty. A dining table of neutral colours itself looks stylish enough to not bombard it with more styling accessories. However, it is important to pick a dining table that matched the surrounding wall and flooring in the house. Hence, choose neutral colours that complement the flooring of the house.
5. Mix and match: Styling a dining table is a creative project. So don’t worry if you want to mix it up a little because you can and it is a popular styling method too. For instance, a dining table of a dark colour can be coupled with white chairs as a contrast. This indeed accentuates the look of the dining room altogether.
A dining table is one of the home decor elements you can style experimenting as much as you can. Remember, there’s no right or wrong in styling. If your dining table succeeds to elicit a pleasant vibe in the eyes of the viewer, your dining table is a win. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a premier institution offering a 3-year B.Sc in Interior Design and Decoration program during which students are molded to becoming capable interior designers ready to face the challenges of the professional world.