A guest room is a significant point of connection between your guests and you. The interior design of a guest room ascertains the level of comfort you can provide your guests. Ask interior designers and they will tell you how important a guest room becomes in determining whether your little guests would want to come back to your house for another sleepover or not. (You definitely want them back, right?)
Interior designers will give you several interior design ideas to choose from for your guest room. In this blog, we tell you a wide range of interior design ideas to create a flawless guest room:
1. A side chair for their care: Interior design ideas certainly evolve in parallel to the changing trends in interior design. Apart from getting the best bed and mattress, a side chair plays an equally important role in checking the comfort box. Your guests would want to sit on a chair apart from the bed and a side chair is just the right accessory. The latest trends in interior design also witness people choosing a swing in place of a side chair.
2. A nightstand lamp at a tap: A nightstand lamp is much of a necessity than just another design accessory. A nightstand lamp by the bed comes into use when your guests want to get out of their bed and use the bathroom or just find something. You don’t want your guests to trip and fall in the dark.
3. Go for mellow wall colors: Not everyone likes bold and dark colors on their walls. Light and mellow colors for the wall are the safest choices for picking wall colors for the guest room. Light colors also enlighten the mood in the guest room making it a comfortable and cozy place for your guests to stay.
4. Do not exaggerate the interiors: There might be a hundred interior design ideas to design a guest room, but remember that a guest room is probably not suitable for experimenting with interior design. A classic and simple guest room is by far the best interior design that guests from all walks of life appreciate. A simple and classic guest room ensures maximum comfort and evokes a sense of belongingness in your guests.
5. Bedding makes or breaks the interior design: What is the focal point in a bedroom? The bed of course. A guest room is no different in this. The bedding choices you make are directly proportional to their comfort level and hence impact their overall experience at your place.
6. No compromises in storage space: Your guests won’t just come with a sling bag. If they are staying over for a couple of days, a luggage bag comes without saying. While people do make the best choices for a guest room’s interior design, they often forget to create an appropriate space for storage. This really sets off the mood of guests! Make sure you have given ample space for your guests to dump their belongings in the guest room.
A guest room is the one place in the house that must be designed to suit the needs and preferences of your guests and not just yours. There are endless talents in the field of interior design who have the potential to offer desirable interior design ideas and tips. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is one of the top interior design colleges in South India offering the best interior design education.