Different types of beds, styles and frames
The types of beds seen in the interior design business have evolved with trends taking over the driver’s seat every year. Do we need to emphasize the importance of beds? Of course not. Beds are a reflection of comfort and privacy. It is a private space where individuals release their daily stress and relax.
If sleeping is an emotion, beds are the flag bearers of the emotion. Two decades back, the types of beds seen probably were two or three. They were considered as just another piece of furniture. However, that is not the case now. In 2021, the types of beds are diverse in their styles, sizes, frames and believe it or not, shapes too.
Let us take a look at some of the popular types of beds in this blog:
1. King size bed: a king-size bed is the hugest bed in the market. King-size beds are suitable for messy sleepers or couples with a kid or two.
2. Daybeds: Daybeds are relatively popular modern interior furniture recommended by interior designers. Daybeds are especially most suitable for congested spaces. Daybeds are a versatile piece of furniture that can be used as a bed, bench and sofa. Coming in different sizes and styles, daybeds are ideal for home offices and guestrooms.
3. Bunk beds: Bunk beds although not new, are popular and managed to hold a stable position in the business. Precisely known as a kid’s bed, bunk beds are cost-effective and save up space. Coming with the luxury to customize, they also come with space for storage giving them all the more reasons to buy.
4. Four-poster beds: If you are looking to buy a bed that gives the look and feel of beds seen in royal palaces, four-poster beds are what you want to buy. Ideal for large bedrooms with a large chunk of space, four-poster beds has distinct posts rising up from each corner.
5. Round beds: Round beds as the name suggests are made round in shape. Round beds are offered in different styles making them a viable option to buy. These beds are regarded to add a luxurious touch and feel to a modern interior. Albeit considered expensive, round beds made of affordable materials are still a good option to go.
The types of beds we shared with you are certainly a drop in the bucket. The world of furniture and interior design, in general, is versatile and eclectic making it all the more exciting for interior designers. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is an acclaimed design institute in South India offering BSc. in Interior Design – Singhania University – 3 Years. The course educates students with various fundamentals that inform the field of interior design and encourages critical, innovative, and creative thinking driving them to become better professionals.