JD Institute Logo
JD INSTITUTE
Follow us

Search

Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style eclectic interior design - Eclectic interior design Characteristics of eclectic style Thumbnail - Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style

Eclectic interior design is a style of interior design that is inspired by and a combination of several interior design styles. If you look up the meaning of eclectic on google, it says ‘deriving ideas, style, or taste from a broad and diverse range of sources.’ Eclectic interior design is precisely an interior design that is derived from multiple interior design styles, art and decor forms.

Not everyone likes minimalism in their interior design even though that is the hit of the year. Some people wish to put all their eggs in one basket and mix it up in the interiors. Eclectic interior design is about bringing together disparate patterns, textures, colors, sizes and proportions on one platform, i.e the interiors. In the context of interior design, this means bringing together characteristics of traditional interior design and Scandinavian interior design in one room.

Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style eclectic interior design - Eclectic interior design Characteristics of eclectic style 3 - Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style eclectic interior design - Eclectic interior design Characteristics of eclectic style 3 - Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style

Eclectic interior design (Image Credits: Pinterest)

This also means that the eclectic interior design of your living room might not match the eclectic style of your neighbor’s. This is where the ‘expect the unexpected’ card is played in the context of interior design.

Some of the characteristics of eclectic interior design include:

Disparate furniture 

Unmatching furniture is one of the most prominent characteristics of eclectic interior design. Eclectic style professes mix and match of contrasting elements. In these lines, a dining table could have chairs of multiple colors and still manage to look uniform on the whole. although it looks disoriented when a close look is taken, on the whole, the dining table looks gorgeous. This is the specialty of eclectic interior design.

Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style eclectic interior design - Eclectic interior design Characteristics of eclectic style 2 - Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style eclectic interior design - Eclectic interior design Characteristics of eclectic style 2 - Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style

Eclectic interior design – Disparate furniture (Image Credits: Pinterest)

Plain background 

When more than 90% of interior design elements are eclectic, the remaining 10% is bound to balance the interiors with some uniformity, isn’t it? This is where neutral colors play a part. The walls of eclectic interior design are largely painted with neutral colors to compensate for the eclectics of the rest of the interiors.

Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style eclectic interior design - Eclectic interior design Characteristics of eclectic style 1 - Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style eclectic interior design - Eclectic interior design Characteristics of eclectic style 1 - Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style

Eclectic interior design – Plain Background (Image Credits: Pinterest)

Statement pieces 

Statement pieces add to the eclectic nature of the interiors. From statement lights to statement furniture, one big accessory is enough to add to the core of eclectic design.

Eclectic interior design is an evolving style that perpetually adapts elements of evolving trends into its core characteristics. Hence, there is always something new in this design. If you are looking to become an interior designer with the capability to adapt to such evolving trends, JD Institute of Fashion Technology is the place for you.

Eclectic interior design: Characteristics of eclectic style

APPLY ONLINE