How to make a small room look bigger? This is undoubtedly a sure-shot question every client has for his interior designers. Whether you are a single person living in the bedroom or you are a family of two or three, nobody likes a small room. However, sometimes you have no option but to live in a small room.
We might not be able to make your small room bigger but our interior design tips will definitely make your small room look bigger. You can make your small room look elegant, trendy and give the best interior design to make it modern.
Tips and tricks to make your small room look bigger:
1. Use mirrors: Mirrors are a low-cost incentive widely used to make a small room look bigger. Mirrors reflect both natural light and artificial light equally to make the room brighter and bring life to the small room.
2. Pick your furniture smartly: Furniture usually takes up large space in a room. This makes the room cluttered with less blank space. Buying multi-functional furniture can solve the spacing problem. For instance, choosing a sofa that can be converted into a bed not only makes the room look bigger and also works well in cutting down your expenditure from buying two sets of furniture.
3. A bright room looks bigger: Let in as much as natural light into the small room. Natural light opens up space in the room making it look brighter, exposing every nook and corner of space in the room.
4. Same coloured walls and drapes: The trick to making a small room look bigger lies in the colours you pick for the interior design as well. For instance, choosing the same colours for walls and drapes make a small room appear bigger in the eyes of viewers.
5. Subtle fabrics always win: Subtllity never goes out of style. Especially fabrics of subtle and unified colours allow more light to penetrate through them, thereby making the small room look bigger in comparison with fabrics of dark colours.
How to make a small room look bigger is a question that never loses importance. With the availability of space becoming narrow with expanding modernization and other factors, these tips and tricks will always serve their purpose even after two decades. Interior designers in the coming days need to be potential enough to provide innovative solutions to such problems in interior design. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a premier institution offering a 3-year B.Sc in Interior Design and Decoration program during which students are molded to becoming capable interior designers ready to face the challenges of the professional world.