Interior design is often believed to be for a high-class society with luxury apartments. On the contrary, interior design is for all. The forte of interior design lies in its ability to design even the smallest room making it aesthetically pleasing and trending.
A studio apartment is a reflection of modernization. Albeit not people’s first choice, a studio apartment is what is on the rise in major metropolitan areas. Also known as a studio flat, normal functions in a studio apartment like living room, bedroom and kitchen are combined into a single room.
Contemporary interior design is a perfect amalgamation of innovative ideas and little expenditure. While interior design is believed to be a rich man’s interest, contemporary interior design shows ways to improvise the interior design with a tiny makeover to existing things.
Here are some tips and tricks you can implement to make your studio apartment interior design 2021 worthy:
1. Bookshelf turned to a room divider: While a studio apartment is often less than 600 square feet, a room divider might not be a space saver. Instead, choose an appropriate bookshelf that can work both as a bookshelf and a room divider. This way, the room looks both spacious and multifunctional.
2. Install a glass partition: The interiors of a studio apartment are a tricky space to interior design for an interior designer. A glass partition is a trending interior design choice for a studio apartment. A glass partition makes the room look less cluttered and spacious with glass, creating a bigger space illusion.
3. Wall shelves are a go-go: Wall shelves are a choice of contemporary interior design. They make room for more storage space enhancing the look and feel of the room. Wall shelves can go anywhere in the room, either right above the sofa or adjacent to the front door above furniture.
4. Divide a studio with rugs: Rugs can be used as an impetus to separate zones in the studio. Rugs are a great tool to make the room colourful and bring life into the room.
5. A loft bed goes everywhere: If you are not afraid of heights or don’t fear falling off the bed, then a loft bed can be your go-to choice in a studio apartment. A loft bed apart from creating the feel of a first floor accentuates the look of the room with a ladder in place.
Interior design is all about innovation to create a contemporary design for the interiors of a given space. A studio apartment gives more space for innovation and is a challenging project for an interior designer. JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers a 3-year B.Sc in Interior Design and Decoration program providing a versatile teaching-learning methodology to inform, guide, and provide practical exposure in the field of interior design. The institute believes in creating professional interior designers with the expertise to give less than 600 square feet of the room a modern makeover.