Restaurant interior design ideas to furnish a restaurant
A restaurant interior design is largely focused on creating a long-lasting best first impression. The interior design of restaurant matters just as much as the quality of food you offer. The design of the chairs, the size of the tables and the music you play, everything play a part in deciding the mood you establish in the restaurant. If you succeed in bringing a smile to your customers’ faces, you are halfway there.
In this blog, we share a few tips that will help you design a holistic restaurant:
1. An eye-catchy entrance design: The first thing a customer sees in a restaurant is the entrance. The entrance design should be unique, functional and attractive. The entrance to the restaurant should be outstanding enough to drive customers into the restaurant. For instance, the entrance design could be made theme-based to visually convey the restaurant’s kind of food. Please note that customers choose the restaurant based on the design of the entrance as well.
2. Target audience: The broad design or outlook of the restaurant should be crafted in tune with the target audience. At the end of the day, you want to make your target audience happy in the restaurant. If the design and the target audience are not in sync, the theme of the restaurant becomes vague and gets lost in the eyes of the customers.
3. Lighting: How can you forget about this one? The kind of lighting in the restaurant sets the mood in the restaurant. Is the restaurant perfect for a candlelight dinner or is it the perfect destination for a group of college students to hang out? Lighting also plays a part in deciding this for your restaurant. Interior designers can help choose the perfect lighting for the restaurant based on the restaurant’s theme. We also have a few tips to help you pick the perfect lighting here.
Lighting creates the mood of the restaurant
4. Music: Music appeals to the senses of the customers. Music etches a memory in the minds of the customers and motivates them to come back to the restaurant. Hence, music is an essential component in the interior design of a restaurant. Again, the music you play in the restaurant should go in parallel with the theme of the restaurant.
5. Restrooms: Believe it or not, plenty of restaurants have gone down in flames due to the lack of proper restrooms. With spiraling health concerns in the world, the requisite for hygienic restrooms have become increasingly significant. Restrooms should be functional enough to make customers feel comfortable for them to come back to the restaurant.
A restaurant interior design is more than just picking a few chairs and tables to fill up the place. Commercial interior designers have increasingly turned to create innovative and preppy designs to furnish outstanding interior spaces of restaurants. JD Institute of Fashion Technology is a design institute in Bengaluru offering pre-eminent interior design education through various undergraduate, postgraduate and diploma programs.