Small bedroom design ideas in interior design
A small bedroom can be really frustrating. However, a small bedroom doesn’t mean it has to be boring. Even the tiniest room can be made gorgeous. With the ongoing space crunch in metropolitan cities, a small house is inevitable. Therefore, a small bedroom just comes with that.
The world of interior design is often slapped with a misconception that it suits well only for luxury houses and spaces. Well, it’s anything but true. Interior designers have the expertise to mold even the tiniest storeroom.
Check out our tips and tricks to design a small bedroom with modern interior design ideas:
1. Neutral colours: Neutral colours against dark and bold colours make the room look smaller than usual. It creates a visual perception of a bigger room and also sets a pleasant and calm mood in the bedroom.
2. A headboard: A headboard attached to the bed enhances the look of the bedroom to give it a modern and classy look.
3. Accent wall: We mentioned implementing neutral colours but another element that can enhance the appearance of a small bedroom is an accent wall. Choose a metallic or rustic colour to paint one wall against three other contrasting colours to accentuate the look of the room. This can also be a great alternative to the monotonous white walls.
4. Alternative for lighting: Using hanging lights in place of conventional lighting is a perfect way to save some space in a small bedroom. Built-in lights are another way of implementing lighting in the bedroom.
5. Mirrors: Mirrors are a design element that will go anywhere in the bedroom. Mirrors accentuate the look of the bedroom by making it look larger than the actual dimensions. It creates a visual illusion of a large room.
A small bedroom can be made as exciting and riveting as a large luxury room. Interior designers in 2021 are potential enough to produce innovative interior design ideas to make it functional and aesthetically pleasing at the same time. JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers a 3-year B.Sc in Interior Design and Decoration program that has proven to produce interior design graduates with a solid foundation in both theory and applications to take on the challenges of interior design.