Office interior design trends in 2021 are a bunch of trends that have probably never seen before. The covid 19 pandemic the world is crippling under changed the dynamics of office interior design. The corporate world has changed its perception when it comes to interior design in commercial and office spaces.
Office spaces are no more looking into just luxury and elegance in interior design. Office interior design has spiraled its way into looking at providing a safer and comfortable environment to its employees. The need of the hour is to make employees feel safe enough to drive them out of their houses.
We discuss office interior design trends that are dominating in 2021 and will do so in the years to come:
1. Residential + Commercial design: It is a trending element in office interior design to make the design a combination of both residential and commercial interior design elements. With masses riding the work-from-home bus lately, this would provide employees the assurance of a comfortable workspace.
2. Sustainable office design: The significance of the environment need not be mentioned again. Humanity is facing the hardships of disregarding the environment. Office interior design can also make its contribution towards building office spaces with sustainable designs. Sustainable designs including sustainable practices like reducing the office’s carbon footprint emissions and eco-friendly ways to discard trash and using organic products for designing purposes.
3. A space for video conferencing: Work-from-home is the new normal. The corporate world has slowly but surely is picking on to this trend in business. However, it is our office interior design that needs to also get a hang of this trend. With employees working both offline and online, a reserved space for video conferencing has turned out to become important to ensure quality and smooth functioning.
4. An office with breakout space: Office spaces in 2021 are about providing a comprehensive working environment. While producing quality work is still the optimum priority of employers, ensuring their employees get sufficient space for relaxation and entertainment purposes is another priority. What defines an exhaustive office space in 2021? It is a separate space in the office for leisure and even play to get their mind off the work stress.
5. Open spaces and natural light: Open spaces and rich natural light are considered catalysts for providing a positive vibe in office spaces. Rich natural light penetrating into office spaces has also proven to increase the productivity of employees.
Office interior design trends have witnessed a downright shift in 2021. Interior designers are also slowly catching on to the shifting thinking boundaries in the world of interior design. JD Institute of Fashion Technology offers aspiring interior designers proficiency in innovative thinking in creating designs and other areas of interior design through its B.Sc. in Interior Design and Decoration program in Bengaluru.