Bachelor of Science or BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology Cochin centre in collaboration with Singhania University is a three-year program that introduces students to the conceptual, creative, technical and evolving processes of fashion and management. The pedagogy follows a cutting-edge curriculum that covers a 360-degree knowledge of the various nuances that inform the fashion domain. It equips the students with the skill to develop their own creative identity, along with the technical and creative aptitude to conceive and formulate a fashion collection. The program also trains students with entrepreneurial and managerial skills that are required to run their own studio and manage brands.
BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management comprises the practical and hands-on training that is required for a career in fashion design. The course with its integration of theory with practical enquires how they inform each other, and in challenging and expanding the potential of its creative practice. The program curriculum through modules such as the design process develops the creative thinking skills of the students. The students are further trained in the various technical processes such as pattern making and garment construction, along with the digital tools that the current industry requires. The program enquires the relevance of the student’s creative vision and encourages them to challenge the current methodologies that inform the practice of fashion. The program equips students with the managerial and organisational skills to enable them to be efficient and responsible fashion entrepreneurs.
The three-year BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology Cochin:
- Integrates theory with studio practice and enquires how they inform each other in developing the scope and potential of this creative industry.
- Develops the creative thinking and technical skills of the students to conceive and execute a fashion collection.
- Focuses on the integral elements of Fashion Design and Garment Management ranging from fabric analysis, principles of design, fashion illustration, pattern-making and garment construction.
- Develops the ability to evaluate evolving trends, contemporary norms, cultural dynamics and how these conditions inform fashion in both the Indian and International market.
- Provides opportunities to students to attain visibility by showcasing their artistic collections in front of renowned and established personalities of the fashion industry.
- JD Institute Cochin is committed to providing the students with an education that strongly links formal learning with innovative and professional practice.
- Assess, master, and apply various techniques related to the drafting, draping, and construction of garments.
- Develop a systematic and critical approach to problem solving through design thinking.
- Develop the ability to conceive innovative ideas in the field that challenge the existing methodologies that inform its practice.
- Attain a strong sense of imaginative thinking and forecasting to create trends.
- Apply their theoretical knowledge in practical surroundings within the fashion industry.
- Relate fashion design and its applications to a broader socio-economic and environmental context.
- Develop the relevant skills to be an efficient entrepreneur in the current creative environment.
BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management offers a wide range of career opportunities. Here is a list of diverse opportunities that one could branch out into after the completion of the course:
- Fashion Designer
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Fashion Illustrator
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Journalist
- Fashion Photographer
- Fashion Publicist (Promotion and PR)
- Costume Designer
- Trend Forecaster
- Sustainability Compliance Officer
- Quality Control Manager
- Fashion Consultant
- Production Manager Draper
- Pattern Maker
- Fashion Forecaster
- Fashion Curator
- Visual Merchandiser.
BSc. in Fashion Design and Garment Management offered by JD Institute provides:
- The opportunity to study and explore creative imagination and technical development with state-of-the-art facilities, modern technologies and industry driven affiliations and connection.
- International and global exposure.
- The opportunity to outreach and grow with various industry connections and networks.
- Internship and placement assistance with well-recognised brands.
- An opportunity or a platform to showcase at various external fashion shows, and design events and seminars.
- A chance to showcase one’s collections during the JD Annual Design Awards, which is recognised as one of the top fashion awards in India.
- Develop the skills to lead and manage one’s own independent fashion studio/brand.
- Basics of Art and Design
- Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques – 1
- Sketching and Illustration – 1
- Fashion Theory
- Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques -2
- Textile Science
- Design Process
- Art and Costume Appreciation
- Draping -1
- CAD – 1
- Traditional Indian Textiles
- Fashion Forecasting
- CAD – 2
- Draping – 2
- Pattern Making and Sewing Techniques – MENSWEAR
- Academic Research Methodologies
- Fabric Ornamentation
- Apparel Merchandising
- CAD – 3
- Sourcing and Supply Chain Management
- Fashion Styling
- Industry Project
- Apparel Production and Quality Control
- Visual Merchandising and Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion Marketing and Retail
- Final Collection Portfolio
There are no reviews yet.