The P.G. Diploma in Interior and Spatial Design incorporates design foundation studies and theory with its studio practice to enquire how they inform each other in expanding their scope and potential. The course trains students in the various material and communication studies, along with technical and digital tools that reflect the current standards of the industry. The pedagogy supports a holistic approach by covering the various nuances that inform the field such as product and landscape design; and the students are encouraged to challenge the existing methodologies of working and practice, and formulate new ways of working. Through training in costing and business, the course aims to produce conscientious, innovative designers who have the ability to lead change.
The two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Interior and Spatial Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Allows students to develop their skills in conceptualisation, creative and critical thinking, analytical ability and technical mediums; help realise their creative identity and areas of specialisation.
- Enquire how functionality and aesthetics inform each other.
- Encourages students to get involved in creative and interdisciplinary collaborations to foster innovation in their specialised areas of study.
- Enable the student to identify issues and concerns in the current practice of interior and spatial design; formulate solutions that are adaptive, effective and sustainable.
- Develops the ability of students to interpret market trends and the aptitude to formulate forecasts as well as new methodologies of working.
- Allows students to explore the scope and potential of interior and spatial design by integrating an approach that is informed by theory and practice.
Post completion of the two-year Postgraduate Diploma in Interior and Spatial Design, the student will be able to:
- Acquire the skills to visual and verbally articulate their ideas and concepts through both technical and creative mediums, supported by a pedagogy that values innovation and experimentation.
- Identify issues and potential concerns of the industry, and offer effective solutions that are adaptable and versatile.
- Develop a personal identity and realise areas of specialisation and interest.
- Acquire an in-depth knowledge of innovative materials, sense of space planning, Indian art and crafts, heritage, design standards, and how to execute projects with maximum efficiency.
- Conceptualise and design interior spaces for homes, retails, hotels, offices, museums, and public spaces, including entertainment spaces; develop a sensitivity to the requirements of various spaces and built environments.
- Develop the skills to be an efficient and effective entrepreneur.
Develop a practice that is sensitive and empathetic which helps them develop a craft that is efficient, original and creative.
The Postgraduate Diploma in Interior and Spatial Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology will open up your career in the following roles:
- Interior Stylist
- Interior Journalism
- Visual Merchandiser
- Graphic Designer
- Retail Space Designer
- Commercial Interior Designer
- Institutional Interior Designer
- Residential Interior Designer
- Exhibition Designer
- Furniture Designer
- Spatial Designer
- Spatial Design Consultant
- Product Design Educator
- Facility Manager
- CAD Designer
- Product Designer
- Design Foundation
- Material Sourcing
- Communication Design I – Writing in Design
- Interior Services
- Sketch-up and V-RAY
- Workshop II – Design Thinking
- Product Design
- Space Design
- Residence Project
- Estimation and Costing
- Lighting Design
- Landscape Design
- Communication Design II – Graphic Design
- Business of Interior Design
- Add-on Vocational Classes
- Specialisation (any 2)
- JD Annual Design Awards