JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bengaluru, Cochin, Hyderabad and Vijayawada offer a three-year Bachelor of Business Administration or BBA in Event Management in collaboration with Sunrise University. The program introduces students to the practice and theories of event management and encourages them to enquire about established and new ways of working. The pedagogy of the program supports an understanding of the evolving nature of the industry and fosters in the student the ability to investigate its wide and growing areas of application. Developing an approach that is adaptable and versatile, the program emphasises on the development of decision making, marketing, entrepreneurial skills and other analytical abilities that are essential to determine an efficient event management practice.
BBA in Event Management encapsulates the various nuances of the field including managerial training, event-design conceptualisation, material, sourcing and organisational skills. Students are also trained and exposed to various digital tools and mediums, space design, brand identity design and advertising. Through the understanding of history, students are encouraged to develop an analysis of the various parameters and influences that inform its practice. This analysis will also help them understand and learn the various strategic methodologies that can enable them to deal with challenges and adopt adaptive and resilient ways of working. Through the identification of various concerns that affect the current event management industry, students through rigorous training are equipped with the ability to efficiently lead their practice.
The three-year BBA in Event Management:
- Encourages students to realise and develop their entrepreneurial and management skills; help realise their own potential and challenge themselves.
- Strategic and proficient event management training.
- Enables the student to enquire the scope of event management practice and come up with new methodologies of working.
- Develop skill in marketing and sales.
- Implies on identifying business opportunities, developing creative outcomes and building a viable business model and business plan.
- Enable the learning of various know-hows of legal matters.
- Develops good communication skills in order to efficiently interact with clients and articulate ideas.
Trains the student in effective organisational and decision-making skills.
BBA in Event Management enables students to:
- Achieve a strong understanding of how to efficiently manage client needs with various other parameters such as costing and finance; develop organisational and managerial skills.
- Develop good communication and articulation skills to present and organise ideas.
- Develop managerial skills to handle a team efficiently and effectively.
- Acquire strong cognisance level about various mediums such as Public Relations, Social Media Marketing, Advertising agencies, Branding.
- Be able to resolve legal compliance.
- Master entrepreneurial skills.
Event Management is a challenging career that supports various employment opportunities. Listed below are the primary job roles for students who graduate from the course:
- Event Manager
- Marketing Manager
- Business Development Executive
- Event Accounts Manager
- Event Coordinator
- Wedding Planner
- Public Relations
- Promotion and Marketing
- Brand Development
- Event Coordinator
- Fashion Event Coordinator
- Event Organiser
- Facilities Manager
- Corporate Event Planner
The BBA in Event Management supports:
- Assistance from reputed firms to shape the student’s business.
- Development of entrepreneurial and decision-making skills that provide efficient problem-solution to the current concerns of the industry.
- Marketing and Export assistance from companies.
- The realisation and development of the potential of the students under the guidance and support of the faculty and the resources of the college.
- Development of the ability to solve problems; conceive ideas and concepts that challenge the scope and potential of the industry.
- Development of a proficient understanding of the process of sourcing and material.
- Development of visual and verbal communication to effectively articulate ideas, design and manage event management teams.
- Opportunities to exhibit and present work to the public and gain feedback from mentors in the industry.
- Computer Fundamentals
- Principles of Event Management
- Research Methodology
- CAD – 1
- Personality Development & Communication Skills
- Fundamentals of Space Design
- Brand Management 1 (Visual)
- CAD -2
- Event Planning (Organising Event, Values & Ethics of the Event Industry)
- Indian Constitution & Human Rights
- Brand Management 2(Business)
- Sourcing & Material Study
- Event Forecasting
- Media Management
- Environmental Studies
- Visual Merchandising
- Marketing, Advertising & PR
- Exhibition Design
- Indian History, Culture & Diversity
- Professional Practices
- Organizational Behavior
- Event Hospitality & Catering
- Life Skills
- Sustainability & Tech Events
- Event Production & Logistics
- Event Accounting & Costing
- Vendor Management
- Graduation Project