JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore and Cochin offer a two-year Postgraduate Diploma or PG Diploma in Fashion Communication. Following a pedagogy that introduces the cohort to various fundamental methodologies of fashion communication, students gain an understanding in history, design thinking, graphic design, forecasting, styling, packaging design, journalism, typography and photography. Students develop areas of specialisation, gain advanced expertise in it, and realise their individual creative identity. The program structure emphasises on cognitive analysis with relation to consumer behaviour; this realisation equips the students with the ability to practice their work with efficiency and efficacy and to meet the various demands of clients. The program also enquires practices in visual merchandising and explores established and new ways of publication design, along with the development of expertise in various digital mediums.
The two-year PG Diploma in Fashion Communication offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Develops the student’s creative, technical, theoretical and reflective skills that prepare them to meet the demands and challenges of the real-world industry.
- Equips them with the knowledge of the fundamentals of fashion communication.
- Identify issues and concerns of the current industry and formulate solutions that are effective and adaptive.
- Offers an extensive practice-centric, progressive system that encapsulates the wide variety of specialties in the field of fashion communication.
- Follows a curriculum that is research-based and which enquires various research methodologies.
Post completion of the PG Diploma in Fashion Communication, student will be able to:
- Apply and enquire the various methodologies and practices that inform the versatile field of fashion communication; and formulate new ways of working.
- Develop an individual creative identity, and identify areas of interest and specialisation.
- Interpret trends and have the ability to determine forecasts.
- Develop both verbal and visual communication skills.
- Understand consumer behaviour patterns and the various cognitive processes that inform experience.
The two-year PG Diploma in Fashion Communication offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology will help you establish your career in the following roles; but are not limited to:
- Fashion Journalist
- Fashion Analyst
- Fashion Content Writer
- Brand Manager
- Fashion Marketing Manager
- Fashion Blogger
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Visual Merchandiser
Over the past decade, the field of fashion communication has emerged as a significant aspect of the bigger fashion and creative industry. Concerning itself with the creation of images, visual and verbal language, promotion, display and presentation of fashion and lifestyle, the field is versatile and holds immense potential and promise in terms of its growth and evolution as a career prospect. The PG Diploma in Fashion Communication offered at JD Institute of Fashion Technology aimed to inculcate an advanced approach to the field and equip its students with the capabilities and aptitude to meet the demands of the current industry. Through a holistic learning that integrates the theory with the studio, the students develop the capacity to enquire how they inform and develop each other in their creative application. In addition to its experimental approach, this is achieved through regular collaborative and external projects that are supported as part of the curriculum.