The course follows a pedagogy that introduces the cohort to the various fundamental methodologies of fashion communication ranging from history, design thinking, graphic design, forecasting, styling, packaging design, journalism, typography and photography. Through an approach that supports innovation, exploration and experimentation, the students develop areas of specialisation, gain advanced expertise in it, and realise their individual creative identity. Realising and acknowledging how the phenomenon of human interaction informs design experience, the course structure emphasises on cognitive analysis with relation to consumer behaviour; this realisation equips the students with the ability to practice their work with efficiency and efficacy and to meet the various demands of clients. The course also enquires practices in visual merchandising and explores established and new ways of publication design, along with the development of expertise in various digital mediums. Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Communication aims to produce graduates who have the courage to expand the potential of fashion communication and meet the demands of contemporary culture, and equip them with the skills to be pioneers of the field.
The two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Communications offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Develops the student’s artistic, technical, theoretical and reflective skills that prepare them to meet the demands and challenges of the real-world industry.
- Equips them with the knowledge of the fundamentals of fashion communication, and helps them develop their critical, creative and analytical abilities that enable them to formulate new ways of working.
- Identify issues and concerns of the current industry and formulate solutions that are effective and adaptive.
- Offers an extensive practice-centric, progressive system that encapsulates the wide variety of specialties in the field of fashion communication; and identify areas of specialisation.
- Follows a curriculum that is research-based and which enquires various research methodologies.
Post completion of the two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Communications, the student will be able to:
- Apply and enquire the various methodologies and practices that inform the versatile field of fashion communication; and formulate new ways of working.
- Develop an individual creative identity, and identify areas of interest and specialisation.
- Gain an understanding of how history and culture inform the current practice of fashion communication; enquire the various influences of contemporary creative practice and how this affects the evolution of the field; determine the field’s resilience to change and ability to adapt.
- Interpret trends and have the ability to determine forecasts.
- Develop both verbal and visual communication skills.
- Understand consumer behaviour patterns and the various cognitive processes that inform experience, which help them lead an informed and conscientious creative practice.
The two-year Post Graduate Diploma in Fashion Communications offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology will help you establish your career in the following roles; but are not limited to:
- Fashion Journalist
- Fashion Analyst
- Fashion Content Writer
- Brand Manager
- Fashion Marketing Manager
- Fashion Blogger
- Fashion Stylist
- Fashion Merchandiser
- Visual Merchandiser
Over the past decade, the field of fashion communication has emerged as a significant aspect of the bigger fashion and creative industry. Concerning itself with the creation of imageries, visual and verbal language, promotion, display and presentation of fashion and lifestyle, the field is versatile and holds immense potential and promise in terms of its growth and evolution as a career prospect. The Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Communication offered at JD Institute of Fashion Technology aimed to inculcate an advanced approach to the field and equips its students with the capabilities and aptitude to meet the demands of the current industry. Through a holistic learning that integrates the theory with the studio, the students develop the capacity to enquire how they inform and develop each other in their creative application. The course structure that is informed by the current standards, requirements and potential of the field aims to equip students to be leaders of today and tomorrow. In addition to its innovative and experimental approach, this is achieved through regular collaborative and external projects that are supported as part of the curriculum. The graduates of the course go on to lead a conscientious and empathetic practice that is relevant and responsive to the regional and international cultural context and development.