Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design is a three-year program offered by the JD Institute of Fashion Technology centres in Bangalore, Cochin and Goa. This intensive program prepares its students to meet and expand the potential of fashion design by developing the understanding and application of the fundamental aspects that inform the field.
Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design enhances and refines the creative language of students and enables them to identify and develop their skills. Following a rigorous curriculum covering the fundamental methodologies that inform the practice of fashion design, the students are also exposed to various growing digital and technical tools. Students develop an advanced understanding and application of fabrics, pattern cutting, garment construction and draping, along with a research-driven design process. The learning is further augmented by various workshops that introduce them to the evolving, versatile and interdisciplinary nature of fashion design along with the development of various skills. Students are exposed to trends and are equipped with the skill to interpret and analyse forecasts. The diploma program also trains and develops marketing and entrepreneurial skills in the students in order to enable them to efficiently sustain themselves.
The three-year Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology:
- Inculcates a term-based learning with the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS).
- Consists of an accredited syllabus which is at par with the leading fashion schools of the world.
- Concentrates on progressive teaching modules to attain Industry-oriented outcomes.
- Follows an integrated approach to theory and practice; the curriculum supports a 3-month industry internship.
- Focuses on a comprehensive CAD training structure to equip students with an in-depth understanding of creative realisation and development.
- Develops the entrepreneurial skills of the student.
Completing Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design will enable students to:
- Develop a holistic approach towards fashion design through the integration of theory and history; the ability to challenge its scope and potential.
- Develop a personal creative identity; realise areas of specialisation.
- Develop expertise to develop their own fashion collections; ability to interpret and formulate forecasts using WGSN (Worth Global Style Network).
- Attain an in-depth knowledge about the application of fashion design, its practice and methodologies.
- Acquire hands-on experience in textile, and garment construction exploration.
- Achieve advanced technical ability and fluency through intensive training in draping and pattern drafting as well as expertise in digital tools.
The fashion industry has witnessed evolution throughout the years and in order to sustain in the field, one needs to embrace adaptability in their practice. The course prepares its students for the following career opportunities, but are not limited to:
- Creating your own brand
- Working with major fashion brands
- Working at a garment export houses
- Fashion Illustrator
- Textile Designer
- Personal Stylist
The three-year Advanced Diploma in Fashion Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology provides students with exposure and introduces them to the global working of the industry. Students will have access to highly qualified and trained faculty with state-of-the-art facilities at their disposal. They will be exposed to external workshops and receive feedback and guidance from current industry experts. The program also provides a platform for the students to exhibit their skill and talent along with other external opportunities to collaborate and learn.
- Fundamentals of Art
- Foundation Art Studies
- Art Appreciation
- Fashion Illustration
- Elements of Textile
- Textile Workshop
- Surface Design Techniques -1
- Fashion Theory
- Pattern Drafting – I
- Construction Technique – I
- Fashion Illustration – 2
- Design Process
- Surface Design Technique -2
- Pattern Drafting – II
- Construction Technique – II
- Draping – II
- Graphic Design-1 PS
- History of Costumes
- Graphic Design – 2 AI
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion Merchandising
- Fashion Marketing
- Craft Study (only documentation)
- Fashion Entrepreneurship and Digital Marketing
- Fashion Visual Merchandising
- Fashion Styling
- Professional Practice
- Final Collection (JDDA)
Ayushi Kothari –
Great learning experience. Students are provided with some amazing opportunities to help them flourish as a good designer in the coming future.
Priya George –
The Atmosphere of the college is very good, Faculties are well trained,Their teaching skill is excellent and they are friendly as well.
Anisha Jain –
Great learning experience
Pavithra s –
Great learning experience
Good learning experience, but need proper classroom
Anjali gandhi –
Good learning experience
Nisha .K. Jain –
Great learning experience. Students are provided with some amazing opportunities to help them flourish as a good designer in the coming future. Learnt many things.
Good learning experience but required more classrooms and cantine
R. Jothikaa narayani –
Very good experience. All teachers are cool. Need more classrooms.
Shwetha s –