P.G. Diploma in Fashion Design and Business Management aims to challenge the understanding of fashion as a phenomenon, a cause and a means; and facilitates the interrogation of the various historical, cultural and social parameters that inform its practice and methodologies. Training students in textile and surface manipulation techniques, along with fashion illustration and technical aspects of pattern making and garment construction they develop an advanced skill and aptitude in realising and executing a fashion collection. Backed by a research-driven design, creative and technical process, the cohort is encouraged to challenge the role that fashion plays in the current climate, regionally and globally. The students also develop the aptitude to interpret trends and formulate forecasts; along with a comprehensive understanding of the cognitive influences that inform fashion and its business. Through the development of digital and entrepreneurial skills, the curriculum fosters a generation of pioneers who are responsible and who hold the capability to lead the future of fashion efficiently and effectively.
- The P.G. Diploma in Fashion Design and Business Management follows a curriculum that is holistic and interdisciplinary, integrating classroom-lectures with interactive seminars, individual business reports and practice-driven learning.
- The course module equips students with marketing and entrepreneurial skills to lead an informed practice that is responsive and adaptive to the current climate, and come up with solutions that address the issues and potential concerns of the industry.
- The course equip students with the aptitude to understand and execute an innovative design process, along with the development of fashion thinking, fabric processes, illustration, garment construction, trend analysis, media, brand identity and management skills.
- The course integrates creativity with its management; helps develop critical and creative thinking capabilities of the students which enable them to identify current and potential issues in the fashion industry.
- The students have the opportunity to learn from and be a part of live industry projects, collaborations, guest speaker series, international study tours and visits.
- Development of strong creative, critical and analytical skills, and rewarding industry relationships.
- Develop a personal creative identity; gain an advanced understanding of the potential of fashion; understand the scope and responsive nature of the field to the current climate.
- Students will have an in-depth knowledge on apparel and textile design, production methods, consumer behaviour, supply chain, supply chain management, and the various other parameters that inform its practice.
- The training obtained from the course promises immense employment opportunities and ensures a successful career in the fashion industry.
- Development of the skills required for the efficient management and running of a business.
Postgraduate Diploma in Fashion Design and Business Management trains its students for various roles in this growing and evolving field such as Fashion Designer, Production Manager, Visual Merchandiser, Design Manager, Media and Trend Analyst, PR, Brand Management and in specialised fields such as quality control and research methodologies.
- Fashion Theory
- Design Process
- Fashion Illustration
- Art & Costume Appreciation
- Graphic Design
- Fashion Draping
- Pattern Making
- Garment Manufacturing Technology
- Fabric Manipulation & Ornamentation
- Dynamics of Fashion Industry
- Brand Management
- Fashion Psychology and Consumer Behaviour
- Fashion Forecasting
- Fashion Merchandising & Marketing
- Retail Management
- Fashion Entrepreneurship
- Visual Merchandising
- JD Annual Design Awards