Bachelor of Visual Arts or BVA in Product Design is a four-year undergraduate degree offered by JD Institute of Fashion Technology Bangalore centre is affiliated with Bengaluru City University. The program follows an experimental and explorative pedagogy that enables students to identify and analyse the various methodologies that inform its practice and formulate new ways of conceiving and making products. The program integrates theory with the practical and enquires how they inform each other. Through the analysis of its current practice, along with the consideration of new material and technological resources that are available, the program emphases on the adaptive and evolving nature of the field, and in the efficient meeting of the needs and concerns of its end users.
BVA in Product Design follows a comprehensive structure that introduces the student to the fundamentals of product design, and offers them the space and capability to enquire new ways of working and process. The program acknowledges and recognises the adaptive and demanding nature of product design and its wide application within industrial and domestic use, and equips the cohort with the aptitude to identify and analyse problems and offer effective and versatile solutions. Students are encouraged to identify areas of their own interest and develop an individual creative identity through a pedagogy that supports creative and critical thinking. The extensive curriculum of this product design course emphases on the ergonomics of making and in the exploration of various digital tools and mediums. The program also addresses the understanding of human behaviour in order to create efficient products that do not compromise on their function and utility.
- BVA in Product Design introduces students to the principles of design thinking and the theories and histories of design.
- Through this understanding of the fundamentals, students explore various materials both tactile and visual, to conceptualize products that are aimed at providing innovative problem solutions.
- The program curriculum that supports an explorative and systematic approach to product making is guided by an understanding of the science of human interaction as well as through sensitivity to ergonomics.
- Approached by interdisciplinary and multidisciplinary ways of working, students experiment with various mediums of product creation, and explore with various technological and scientific advancements in order to create work that reflect the current advancements of society.
Through various field trips, collaborative projects and industry exposure activities, students learn how products interact in various contexts and situations, and also enquire about the role and significance of their work in promoting global sustainability.
Upon successful completion of the BVA in Product Design, graduates will be able to:
- Apply technical skill and knowledge to comprehend, analyse and identify issues and potential concerns and offer innovative solutions that are effective and adaptive.
- Demonstrate skills and knowledge of the various practices, methodologies, materials and techniques that inform the practice of product design, and formulate new ways of working that expand the scope of the field.
- Apply historical and theoretical knowledge in analysing the current practice of product design and challenge its potential.
- Develop and assess concepts, opinions and processes by thinking creatively, critically and reflectively.
- Interpret, communicate and present ideas suited to a wide range of audiences, and offer solutions to its target group.
- Experiment various practices with new and emerging technologies.
Students graduating in BVA in Product Design can implement their gained knowledge to work effectively as professional artists and designers. Some of the popular opportunities for B.V.A. in Product Design graduates are not only the following but includes:
- Industrial/Product Designer
- Design Strategist
- Design Researcher
- Design Consultant
- Product Manager
- Production Designer: theatre/television/film
- Interior and spatial designer
- Interior Decorator
- Furniture designer
- Jewellery Designer
BVA in Product Design offered by JD Institute of Fashion and Technology provides:
- The ability to develop one’s creative potential and engage with the current and evolving practice of product design.
- Study in a state-of-the-art facility, equipped with ultra-modern technology and industry driven accreditation.
- Develop an independent creative identity, and develop the capability to expand the scope and potential of this growing field.
- Gain practical hands-on experience through extensive training; build innovative and professional portfolios.
- Explore various software and digital tools, as well as the concepts of Industrial Design, Space Environment Design, 3D Printing, Robotics, Vehicle & Transport Design among others, and develop an area of interest and specialisation.
- Wide range of career opportunities because of its expanding and innovative scope and application.
- A supportive environment that encourages exploration and experimentation, and trains its students to be innovators and leaders.
- Story of Art
- Fundamentals of Drawing
- Design Foundation
- Inter Design Studies
- Ability Enhancement
- History Of Industrial Design
- Design Thinking
- Models, Mockups And Prototypes
- Manual And Digital Drafting
- Digital Design
- Graphic Design
- Revitalization Of Arts
- Basic Electronics And Electrics
- Science And Societies
- Design Research Methodology
- Design Ideation
- Materials And Manufacturing Process
- Basic Mechanical And Mechanisms
- Digital Animation
- Advanced Product Drawing
- Non Core
- Theory Of Design
- Design Ethnography
- Human Factors, Ergonomics And Interface
- Digital Methods
- Digital Matte Painting
- Camera And Film Editing
- Banking And Finance
- Modern Design Theory
- Digital Skills And Fabrication
- Lighting Design
- Furniture Design
- Decorative Products
- Packaging Design
- Introduction To Ui Design
- Interaction Design
- Motion Graphics
- Digital Illustration Technique
- Project Work
- Design Studio Management
- Multidisciplinary Design
- Portfolio, Publication And Dynamic Media
- Sustainable Design
- Space And Environment
- Vehicle And Transport Design
- Game Design
- Project Work
There are no reviews yet.